Thursday, January 7, 2021

Dirty Laundry

 We have a saying here  in the U.S.“ Don’t air your dirty laundry”. Well there is no hiding what happened here yesterday from anyone in the world. I am heartbroken ... and I was actually physically shaking watching what was unfolding in Washington D.C., not from fear but from anger. To go about my business like nothing has happened is like not noticing the elephant in the room. Although I stand by the unspoken rule that some things need not be discussed on this page...one is religion the other politics...enough said.

,

I had to run an errand yesterday and came home to this happening  across the street..

Most of the homes  on our block are new, all built in the last ten years, but directly across the street there are two older small frame houses probably built  in the 1930’s. They belong to a church on the next block, and their youth minister lived in one, their janitor in the other. Old frame homes are not as easy to  maintain as brick homes so when maintinence costs kept raising the church decided to just demolish the one directly across from us. 
I couldn’t help but  stare at what was going on. It was funny to watch people driving by 
several  pausing  for a second look and  others, all men, getting out to stare and take pictures. It reminded me of little  boys who loved to play with the construction toys. We are not sure what will go up in the place of this home...So stayed tuned...


9 comments:

  1. Dearest Janey,
    Yes, those images are awful but the entire MSM is silent on the fact that Melissa Tate so well posted: OMG! BUSTED! Video shows Trump supporters stopping & pulling away Antifa men from breaking the Capitol windows. Trump supporters are heard yelling out “That’s Antifa!!!”
    Dems set us up & GOP just threw us under the bus over a trap. Surreal! Wow! http://bit.ly/2XjlzQ7

    Such a demolition is also surreal...
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn’t there...and I don’t think you were either. Who is at fault will come out. I counted way too many Trump flags to say they weren’t the blame.

      Delete
  2. I was speechless at what happened and I live in the UK. The building did not take long to demolish and it is is anything like here a new building or two will soon go up

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were both completely shocked when we saw it happening on on the evening news. I do hope that there will be no adverse repercussions or any escalations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was upset to see what was unfolding yesterday. My heart goes out to all of my blogging friends in the USA.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is almost symbolic for what happened in your country... Now they demolish the houses too...:(
    Wish you all the best Janey with this political disaster.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We think alike. That occurred to me when I was posting it.

      Delete
  6. That's something surprising to come home to. I love your comment about little boys and their construction toys. It made me smile.
    I feel the same way about politics and religion on my blog but, every now and then, something happens that's too big to be ignored.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a little sad about the 1930's houses coming down Janey, bet they were cute 💙 Watching the news was pretty horrifying to see what happened, let's hope something can be done to stop it escalating further, like getting rid of #45 sooner rather than later ✨

    ReplyDelete