Friday, April 30, 2021

Special Interest Group

 I have mentioned before that Tom and I take fun classes at the University provided for seniors. Each semester we can take three classes that meet once a week and three lectures whenever they are offered. 

It’s been changed up a bit and you can sign up for six things whether it be all classes or all lectures or any combination that suits you. They also offer special interest groups which you can sign up for as many as you like. My one special interest group has been The Art of Ft. Worth, which I’ve really enjoyed. My sister has been trying to get me to sign up for Women and Wine...but since I am a one glass gal, I figured it wasn’t for me.

Well, since I like most of you have been cooped up for way too long I gave in. Women and Wine had their first in person get together in over a year last evening....and I really enjoyed it..and no one noticed that I only had one glass.

Since everyone has been vaccinated we felt somewhat  safe.

Kathy our hostess  (with the long hair) has a wonderful outdoor area  with a complete kitchen by the pool.


The weather really didn’t cooperate, but at least it wasn’t cold. The weather also kept some from attending. There are usually twenty in the group.


The five acre property in on the edge of a bluff and the view was beautiful.

It sure was wonderful to go to a social event.

6 comments:

  1. Dearest Janey,
    You're lucky with Kathy having the accommodation for all of you and those that didn't show up. Their loss!
    Glad that Texas is kind of free, as it should be. Like Florida, they only have been shut down for about a month and the rest they did very, very well - especially in selling real estate to people having had enough from their liberal dictators elsewhere.
    ENJOY your freedom and the upcoming nicer weather. Not every day but here too it is now warm enough for anything outdoors.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are slowly coming out of lockdown and soon I will be able to meet up with friends face to face and hopfully enjoy a social gathering once again. What an amazing pool area your friend has and what views you were able to enjoy. Wine and women looks a good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I can imagine it was fun to see some other people at last!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful view to sit and enjoy your one glass of wine Janey, I'm the same, if I have more than one glass everything anyone says becomes hugely funny, in other words I get the giggles 😀

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely spot for a social gathering - the views over the surroundings from the edge of the buff are spectacular.

    ReplyDelete