Sunday, April 19, 2020

A Short Walk

Don’t know about you, but we can only stay in so long and then we are ready to get out of the house. About noon we started out on our daily walk. We always check the weather forecast in the morning so we know what to expect.
There was no rain in the forecast so we headed out. I wanted to show you some more of Ft. Worth’s mansions. Well we were only a few blocks from home and there was a loud clap of thunder..so we quickly reversed our direction and almost made it home before the sky opened up. There was even some hail. Although it was short lived. What to do? Well, this time we decided to take a drive.
Living in the city, there is nothing nicer to me than getting out into the countryside. How is this for a peaceful road?
Or maybe you prefer this road where you feel like you can see for miles? Actually it was the very same road. There was just a clearing at the top of the hill with views out to the west.
We stopped in the next small town and got an ice cream cone at the drive through.
Not terribly exciting...but we certainly enjoyed it.  
What did your day look like?

6 comments:

  1. Dearest Janey,
    Well, our day was a wet one, we got alarmed for heavy thunderstorms. What a rain.
    I've made some larger chocolate rounds with diced dried apricots in, desiccated unsweetened coconut, chopped hazelnuts and some vanilla sugar from Oetker. Tomorrow we can try them with our past 11:00 cup of tea. Not the whole rounds but cut up. Using those French Demarle moulds is great! I also made a batch of Gaufres (Waffles) from a French recipe: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/375980268884161694/
    Translation below...
    Next I completed scanning all my draft pages for the scientific manuscript so I have them on my Mac rather than staring at small print pages next to my keyboard. Now my back aches...
    Glad that is done though! Nice working side by side on the big screen and it saves my eyes...
    Wish we could make such lovely walks right here but no mansions in this neighborhood. We love to bike but right now I'm tight down and want to finish this final mega task.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  2. The days seem all the same for me. Sometimes I don't know what day it is when I wake up in the morning. No appointments, no visits, no outings. A walk every day, sometimes to the supermarket, that is all I see. At least we have nice weather and no rains anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How Beautiful - So Peacefully Shaded - Perfect Little Noon Time Outing - Enjoy The Week Ahead

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. I understand that need to get out of the house very much indeed. Last Friday, I drove to Scottsdale to walk there for a change of pace. Your country roads look pretty inviting.
    I found some information on the Blogger Help site that said they were aware of the problem with the minus sign and working to fix it. I noticed my posts for the last couple of days are okay. I had one post up that I created last week and just scheduled for this week so I checked it in edit mode to see if it was okay and it wasn't so I deleted it. It kind of looks like the problem happened over one or two days and is ok now but, I'm not sure. I had to take down two posts on my travel site because every photo was obliterated. I just don't understand why a post that was perfectly good on the day it was posted is now affected by this error. That just doesn't make any sense at all. I hope they get it fixed. I just wonder if when they do fix it if the posts that are up will get corrected or if they will have to remain that way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Janey! I miss the walking trails in TX. I take my walk on the side of the road. There are no sidewalks!! Stay healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the tree lined part of the road Janey ๐ŸŒฒ Actually our day sounds remarkably like yours, minus the rain unfortunately ๐Ÿ˜‰

    ReplyDelete