Saturday, April 11, 2020

Our Daily Outing

Tom and I take a daily walk of about one mile to get out of the house and get some exercise since our gym is closed. Yesterday we got a little too ambitious.
Look closely and you can possibly read the top sign. Yes we turned down Hidden Road. I guess it got it’s name because it is hidden behind a golf course.
It is a very steep hill going down with lush green foliage on both sides..
It leads past beautiful large homes to the entrance of a trail area. Theses trails are part of an extensive hike and bike trails that wind for seventy miles in and around Fort Worth.
I have circled to part of the trail that we are able to walk to, but as you can see we could travel for miles and miles and never leave the trails. Might just be a bit easier on a bike. There are also several sections where horseback riding is allowed.
There are some new signs on the paths....
Surprisedly we came across  very few people on this beautiful day. When we reached one of the small waterfalls I reminded Tom that we indeed had to walk all the way back.....so we turned around.
Going back up that hill was a strain. Our walk yesterday was over double the length we usually walk and with an enormous hill thrown in. Maybe we can stay in today (and rest) since our rains have returned. What have you been up to?

6 comments:

  1. I'm so surprised more people aren't out on the open trails. We hiked yesterday and only saw 2 people! I'm glad you got to walk, it sure makes you feel stronger and healthier! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the time things get back to normal you should be incredibly fit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great walk you took and such a pretty place. That really would be a great place to ride a bicycle. I was glued to my desk all day doing my taxes and hitting send to get them on their way. It was a bit of a trial this year because I switched from the CD version of TurboTax to the online version. I had to do quite a lot to prove I was who I said I was.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Janey,
    Oh, how I would love to bike that trail! Not the mean hills though, not so much for me but Pieter is not allowed to do that with his heart condition. I'm fighting the manuscript and it is indeed a Mega Task ahead of me. But hoping we get it published by June, looking forward to my FREEOM; hopefully... the entire world.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love walking, too. Take care and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete