Thursday, April 23, 2020

A Walk Through the Gardens

We have found that getting out and going for a drive really does a lot to lift our moods during this lockdown. I had heard that the Clark Gardens near Minerals Wells, Tx was open and welcoming visitors. So we decided to drive out there agreeing that if their were too many people about, we would come home.
We were pleased to only see two other cars in the parking lot, which meant that we would practically have the 50 acres of gardens to ourselves.
Parking is free and admission for seniors is $7.00. They give you a map so that you do not get lost in the maze of flower beds, pavilions and ponds.
Sorry I did not take the time to record the name of all of these plants...we simply enjoyed them.
They have a skeleton  crew due the the current circumstances so some of the pathways needed to be swept but it did not take away from the peaceful setting.
I lost count of the number of ponds and fountains, trust me there are several.I wasn’t going to post this one since you can hardly make out the Irises, but I kind of like their silhouette.
I even talked Tom into posing. 
These turtles were sure enjoying the sun.
They don’t serve food but have several pretty spots by the water with tables and encourage you to bring a picnic....wish I had known.
There is even a section with miniature trains running about.
We decided that this much more enjoyable than walking around the neighborhood, and we didn’t come close to any people.

Turn about is fair play, so Tom wanted to take my picture.
Not sure when I will be able to post again. My surgery is finally happening early Monday morning (shoulder replacement) and my right arm will be in a sling...
But...I will return. Stay with me 
Janey

8 comments:

  1. Dearest Janey,
    One can tell that this special garden walk did do you some good! Great in anticipation of your big surgery this Monday.
    Hope your roll through well and recover accordingly.
    We will wait - take your time to heal and don't worry.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely garden to be able to take your walk in.
    Will be thinking about you next Monday - good luck, and come back only when you are ready💛

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you to find such a wonderful place!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! What a gorgeous place and so few people! That is just amazing! I have been shocked to find that only 1 or 2 people are at the couple of trails that have remained open in our area. Why don't more people get out and WALK and take advantage of the nice weather! You look so cute! Picture perfect at the gardens!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm wishing you the very best on your surgery too! I'll keep you in my prayers! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful place to walk and having it almost to yourself is a real bonus.
    Best of luck with the surgery. You will be like new before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good On You Mr Tom - Outstanding Location - Love That Train - Beautiful Colors Of Life - Sure Makes These Drives Very Special

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a good place. I hope you are in good health.

    ReplyDelete