Sunday, April 5, 2020

Masterpieces

Hello fellow captives. I hope that finds you well, entertained and with a full pantry.

We are a bit stir crazy, so when I received an email from my special interest group,The Art of Fort Worth, it caught my eye. They had a link to crazy pictures of people trying to recreate famous masterpieces, and encouraged us to do the same.
So, I decided to try one of Cezanne's still life paintings. If you are having trouble...his is on the left. I emailed it to my art group. Got several laughs and one or two well dones. Then I posted it on a social media sight and suggested my friends and family try their hand. A couple did and one replied that her favorites were Monet's Lady with a Parasol and Van Gogh's Starry Starry Night and neither could be replicated. Hmmm. I considered that a challenge:
So stay tuned...I am working on that Van Gogh!

6 comments:

  1. Dearest Janey,
    Love your Monet's version of Lady with a Parasol... Well done! And I get to see your lovely Espalier again; 2 scores!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been seeing this same challenge on Instagram and coming from museums like The Getty and the Guggenheim. I've loved every one I've seen and I think it's a great artistic challenge. I think my art group might enjoy doing it too. Your Cezanne is great and so is your Monet. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to laugh. I looked at it on the small screen on my phone and thought 'Wow'what an amazing painter you are then realised what you meant by replicating the painting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a brilliant idea Janey, you get top marks for both reproductions, looking forward to seeing the Van Gogh 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I Agree With Perth - Absolutely Brilliant

      Cheers

      Delete