Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Feeling Free!

It has been two weeks since our second vaccine shot, and feel sure you know which vaccine I am speaking of, so we felt free to head south and visit some of our kids and grandkids.

First stop was Salado, Texas, a small village of sorts between Waco and Austin. A great place to get away from it all. To read  more about Salado, go HERE.


There are some wonderful bed and breakfasts in Salado. Tom and I stayed in this one with a group of friends years ago.



It has been so popular over the years that the owners  have added several cottages on the property.


 There is a nice collection of others to choose from as well,
including this quaint old Inn that was the site of part of the festivities when one of President Bush’s daughters got married.

Although this is the one we were headed for.
 It has a great restaurant and we were  able drive from  Ft. Worth in time to  meet  Tom’s youngest  daughter and her family for breakfast. They are lucky enough to live in little Salado.


You can click on image to enlarge.
So many of the buildings in town  are deemed historic.


I was impressed by cozy fire that welcomes you in the lobby,

and happy that the grandkids would pose for a picture before we left.
Next stop Austin...more on that later.
I give up. Font size keeps changing. Maybe it’s my iPad..but I suspect the new blogger foremat!

11 comments:

  1. Hello Janey,

    well, it is very good news that you are now fully vaccinated and feel able to get out and about more.We are still waiting news of a first round with no idea of when that might be.

    However, do continue taking care. Vaccines are not 100% effective, so it is good to remain cautious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A blast from the past. I didn’t know you were still blogging...I’ll pop over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am pleased that you have had a lovely time with the grandchildren - I look forward to being able to do the same. However, even though we have both had our jabs we are still not allowed to travel out of our area, only essential trips are currently permitted here.
    It is not your iPad but your suspicions are correct, it is new blogger. My font keeps changing too, but before I publish a post I usually run the mouse over all of the writing turning it blue and then choose the size of font that I want it to be, and then quickly post. New Blogger doesn't then have a chance to change it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Janey,
    That is one bubble post about newly gained personal FREEDOM! YAY...
    We are counting down too and looking forward to it.
    Those Inns all look fabulous and being FREE, makes them shine even more! Also for the readers.
    Don't know about the font changing, have not had that (yet) on my MacBook... By the time we're free, my new iMac will be here!
    Hugs,
    Mariette
    How lovely you could get to have breakfast with Tom's youngest daughter and family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am envious of your freedom. I will be having my first vac later today but we will be in lockdown for some time to come

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry...I know it must be especially hard since you are such a traveler.

      Delete
  6. Lucky you with your vaccinations. Here it seems to be very difficult to organise this by our government. We are dangling at the bottom of all European countries...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry Marianne. They say cases here have finally started to decline. Not sure why but more and more are getting vaccines and wearing masks have helped too.
      Things lagging behind in The Netherlands compared to the rest of Europe is very surprising to me.

      Delete
  7. How wonderful to have had both jabs Janey and no side effects either, excellent! The bed and breakfast Inn looks lovely, as do the grandies 💙 No vaccine here yet but we don't have the same urgent need for it here, we have been lucky. Take care and still safe distance 😉

    ReplyDelete
  8. So jealous that you are fully vaccinated! I don't know when we'll be able to get ours. Great photos. Enjoy your weekend, Janey.

    ReplyDelete