Saturday, February 6, 2021

The Near South Side

First of all, I would like to wish everyone a very Happy Valentines Day.

 
 This is my attempt at crafting. One of my sisters who seems to be the crafty one in the family roped me into coming over one day to make mesh wreaths. I am not a real big fan of mesh wreaths but went anyway. My creation will hang on the front door at least until next week...


We are having beautiful weather, so Tom and I took a drive around town today. Very cold weather is headed our way next week and there is even talk of snow. 

We hadn’t been over to the near south side of town in a while so we scouted around there.This area was a very desired location to build  luxury homes back in the late 19th century. Then, it was followed by a time of old homes being torn down and warehouses popping up. It was also a  pretty undesirable part of town. Very few of the old mansions are left  standing. This one seems to be some sort of business. Everywhere you look there are modern condos and apartments being built,


 due to the  neighborhood’s proximity to downtown, which  is why it is called the near south side .

A group of attorneys renovated this one for their offices.:

This one is also a business. I am going to have to look up The Center for  Healing  Arts and let you know what that means? Or do you already know?


I hopped out to take a picture of this pretty old church and was surprised by the sign. Guess it has become a law office as well.. 


Heading back west we stopped at the University book shop to buy Tom a baseball cap. He always has a cap on his head so they wear out pretty  quickly. A final stop for an 🍦 and we are home for the day...Heading out on a short trip tomorrow...more on that later.

6 comments:

  1. Glad to see you out and blogging again

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Janey,
    Not yet Valentine's Day but your wreath is pretty! Well done.
    What beautiful homes you captured and worthwhile for changing them into attorneys offices or other businesses.
    But the final one is quite a surprise...!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know..I figure Valentines Day will arrive before I get around to posting again 😊

      Delete
  3. I like those old houses very much! Valentine's day is an American thing . Commerce is trying to introduce it here too, but it is not a succes so far...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The photo's look as though it is cold there. Must admit I have never seen a Valentine's day wreath on any doors over here in the UK.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm certainly glad to see that some of those grand old houses have been preserved. A law office in that old church seems a bit out of place for some reason. Maybe they could switch with the healing arts place. :-)
    Your wreath looks very nicely done. I like it!

    ReplyDelete