Saturday, April 4, 2015

Back to the Stockyards

A couple of weeks back I showed you a lot of cowboy stuff down in our famous stockyards. There are actually other things to see down there. Like Art
Sculptures along the street
Desperadoes on the balcony
Not a gun person, but I guess this could be called a work of art.
A Fredric Remington in the lobby of the hotel

 and this is a favorite in the hotel bar. Sorry, I don't know the artist. I couldn't be rude and get closer. There was a man sitting in front of it eating. You can just see the top of his (bald) head. He looked annoyed when I took the picture.....so I apologized and scurried along :)



5 comments:

  1. Remington's are so well formed, aren't they? PS. Don't apologize for being an "artist!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, i love that rifle gate! my sis would love it as she adores 'rifleman'. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Janey,
    Well, too bad for that bold-headed man for being annoyed... You at least captured that beautiful painting with its light so perfectly shed over the group. Quite some lovely art and thanks for sharing with us.
    Hugs and Happy Easter.
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  4. That gate is very funny! Can imagine the look of the bald-heading man thinking you making a picture of him?? He should have been flattered by your attention, ha,ha.

    ReplyDelete