Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Girlfriends

I was so thrilled to find out that some of my Houston girlfriends wanted to come see me! Tom hearing this, thought it was the perfect time to head in the opposite direction, to talk to our CPA about our taxes. Oh my goodness, did we have fun.
Left to right Brenda, Peggy Jo and Sandra...all from Houston. Betty lives here. I invited her because Sandra and Betty also have homes in the little mountain town where we spend half the year.......and besides I like her.....I enjoyed showing off my new place, and then we went to a little neighborhood bistro for a fun dinner. Pictured above, they are posing in front of the Kimbell Museum where we viewed the Bass Collection the next morning.
We then met my sister Nancy (she's camera shy), who had a great idea that we have  lunch and tour the Fort Worth Woman's Club and Junior Woman's Club.
We did a lot of posing for pictures
Looks like we were the first ones in the dining room.
Then we went from room to room counting chandeliers. The two houses are both elegant.
We actually lost count after a while.When we left the club, you wouldn't believe where we went! Yep, they wanted to go the our famous Stockyards....but I won't bore you, because you have all already been.
Can you tell I had a wonderful couple of days? They are now headed south to Houston, and I hope my hubby is headed north to Ft. Worth. I think we all need girlfriends. I sure do miss mine...Janey


7 comments:

  1. I am spending this week end with 6 girlfriends from high school. OLD girlfriends are the best. And so are cousins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look as though you had the best time together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Janey,
    Lovely day spent and you were very lucky and also a lovely city for finding special places to go see.
    Yes, on Tuesday morning we had the appointment with our CPA and I'm so glad that that is out of our way. I hate doing my business tax work!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful day with the girls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great post! Looks like you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The stained glass window caught my eye.

    ReplyDelete