Saturday, April 25, 2015

On The Trail

In my latest endeavor into genealogy, I have been on the trail of one of my GG Grandfathers. I think I have found the right family, in a small Indiana Town, although it is still a mystery as to what happened to him. If I have the correct family, this is a photo of his niece Nellie, and her husband.(1892)
 Nellie's father (my gg-uncle), is the one who built the large house that I showed you in a previous blog, "Before and After".Nellie's father was a merchant in this small town....

I guess you are wondering how I came across this photo? Well, I have been reading any, and everything, I could find on this small town....and came across a blog. That's right folks.. blogging is helping me with genealogy :) Anyway, this blogger had his email address listed. We are now emailing back and forth. Guess what! This blogger is the great grandson of the partner of Nellie's father. I am sure I have lost you here. Nellie's father had a Mercantile Store and his partner's great grandson is a blogger.
I am still hot on the trail, which can be very time consuming....but rewarding .


7 comments:

  1. It's a small world Janey and getting smaller all the time with social networking :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. internet connections can be incredible - and frightening, too! we all have stuff shared whether we intend to or not! in this case, it's a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing, isn't it, what kinds of information and interactions the Internet provides us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing result so far Janey! So nice you found somebody maybe related to you from the past. Blogging keeps us busy isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you tried ancestry.com? All cities have genealogy centers that have lots of helpful information for tracking down documents, wherein authenticity can be established.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Kate...that is how I located the right family.

      Delete
  6. Dearest Janey,
    Such new leads are so exciting at times! I too will be posting soon (May 2nd) a request for helping me find a first cousin that I lost... Who knows via blogging. Once I found the artist that did draw my face early morning; I had to bring some coffee and she worked while her son and my husband Pieter were in the same hospital room in Italy where we lived and worked for one year. Guess what? I did find out and had contact. So over joyed with the results! Wishing you good luck too.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete