Wednesday, June 1, 2022

One Fine Lady

A nearby marketplace in Ft. Worth has added a mural of the country singer Dolly Parton on the side of their building.


I must confess I have never been a fan. Her exaggerated appearance was always a bit of a turnoff for me. Although Dolly admits her appearance is a marketing tool and interviewers always seem to be surprised what a smart lady she really is.





Dolly is also very generous, giving an average of million dollars a year to charity.
One donation that caught my eye and cemented a higher  opinion of her is hearing that she donated a million dollars  toward the development of the Moderna vaccine, for which we all should be thankful.


2 comments:

  1. Dearest Janey,
    Dolly indeed seems to be very intelligent and generous.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  2. I listen sometimes to her on the radio, she has a bit special voice...:)

    ReplyDelete