Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Bird Watching

If you have been reading along, you would know that I have taken up vegetable gardening. Another thing on my list, is to join a bird watching group.
click on photos to enlarge
I enjoy watching the Steller Jays that eat the bread that I put out every morning. I don't have a feeder, because they attract bears up here. The birds finish off this pile of bread in no time. There aren't many birds that hang out at nearly 9,000 feet... where I live.



Sometimes, I go down to the lake and look for this guy (a Bald Eagle). I know the tree he likes to perch in, looking for his breakfast. So, I was excited when I read that there was a new bird watching group, that meets early Sunday mornings ...out at the lake.I bundled up, since the thermometer read 40 degrees...and headed out to the lake. I even talked hubby into coming along
Imagine my dismay, when there was no one there. Obviously, I need bird watching lessons . :)
I will let you know when I spy a bird..... or the bird watching group.On to the next thing on the list. Janey

7 comments:

  1. love the jays on your deck! and the eagle!!! now, if you can just find that birdwatching crew...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the stellar jays. I saw one back in March when I went snow shoeing near Estes Park with my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Stellar jays have such a richly beautiful blue to them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting how our taste change as we grow older. I, too, am interested in birdwatching but cannot imagine having that same interest when I was much younger. The noisy Jays certainly are beautiful, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are noisy Kate. If I don't get the bread out there soon enough. They sit is that tree and fuss at me.

      Delete
  5. That's beautiful hobby Janey! I strongly recommend for you as well. I already joined to our biggest association some years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucky you to see the eagle, Janie! I don't put feeders out either - a bear would appear in an instant! However, when I sit on the deck in the late afternoons, the Gray Jays visit for some bread crumbs. Happy vegetable gardening - I hope the deer don't intrude.

    ReplyDelete