Sunday, June 7, 2015

My Happy Place

We should all have a Happy Place...
and this is mine. There are some beautiful views out of  the windows, here in the mountains, but oh how I love this corner....and my chair.. I bought it forty five years ago, and it has been recovered at least five times. It has been shipped from Texas to Pennsylvania, back to Texas, and across the Atlantic to the Netherlands and back. Thirteen years ago, it  climbed the Rocky Mountains, and here it sits. I had a furniture maker make a small foot stool, since there is not a lot of space here.
There is  a little window to the north, with perfect amount of light for reading. I read your blogs on my Ipad here too. Even when we have a lot of guests  in the cabin. I can always close the door, and escape to  my Happy Place. Tom said recently. "If we ever sell this place, we should just sell it completely furnished". Ahh minus one chair!
Do you have a special place to retreat to?

8 comments:

  1. I understand why that is such a 'happy place' for you to sit, read and relax.
    I enjoy being in our conservatory looking up at the sky and seeing the trees gently moving especially on a day like today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's awesome. i like your private space!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhh...life is made up of happy places and smiles on our faces and peace in our hearts and souls; and spots like yours, with your beloved chair and cute little footstool is so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it too. You lead such a wonderful life. I am so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot find any words. So peaceful and warm private corner. I believe you that reading is great in this athmosphere :)
    Miklos

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks cozy to me. I think my porches are my happy places. I'm siting on the one at the beach now. I love to read out here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I think of your reading our comments, I'll think of you in this private place of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like a very well appreciated chair!

    ReplyDelete