Monday, June 22, 2015

Brush Creek

A favorite activity of ours, is hiking. We have numerous groomed trails in the area, for all hiking levels. You really should acclimate, before over-exerting yourself at this altitude.
So, with daughter number two, and family visiting from Atlanta, Georgia we chose Brush Creek Trail to hike. Which is easy to moderate.
Of course, I am always lagging behind, taking pictures
The trail climbs parallel to Brush Creek, and as a bonus, the views across the way are pretty
Someone is constantly asking "where's Janey?" I can hardly keep up...they just won't slow down.

There was a familiar smell in the air, that had me trying to stay close. I kept asking "does anyone else small a bear?"
 Hmmm, I thought so. Our black bears around here, don't like humans, so if you leave them alone they will usually leave you alone.
Some flowers are just starting to bloom along the trail, including the wild Irises

You climb high above the creek, and then two miles in, you are back at creek level.


We get Kerry and family to pose for pictures, beside the creek
and then we climb higher, and sit on rocks to eat our lunches, where there are fewer mosquitoes.
Thanks for hiking along with us...on to the next adventure!



9 comments:

  1. Beautiful terrain for hiking! Enjoyed seeing the family photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice family outing! stay safe out there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, and good family get together in the process! win win!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hike looks so fun! And your family is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful family! I see your heart-leafed Arnica are blooming - our forest is yellow with them. I love seeing the wild Iris.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This would be my husband and daughters idea of a perfect day Janey, they love hiking.. I do too, now and again :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This would be my husband and daughters idea of a perfect day Janey, they love hiking.. I do too, now and again :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This would be my husband and daughters idea of a perfect day Janey, they love hiking.. I do too, now and again :)

    ReplyDelete